Pages

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Summer Camp is a Go!


At the end of last summer, I accepted a job at a part-time secretary at a local trash company.  My work-at-home opportunities were decreasing and really needed a steady job with a steady income.  The hours were too great to pass up.  What isn’t love about working for a family-owned business with the hours of 9 to 3?!  I could still take my daughter to school and pick her up.  To her, it wasn’t like anything changed…expect for summer.

I’ll admit that was nervous about summer break.  My grandma loves to watch Sarah, but it would be too much for both of them 5-days a week for the entire summer.  Working part-time, $150 a week for full-day child care was too much money.  There is also that whole “no one but family, a close friend and my neighbor has ever watched by daughter,” aspect too.

Our community has a local summer camp program that runs daily from 9-4 for only $70 a week.  Not only that, but she can still take her daily swim lessons at the community pool.  This camp comes highly rated and recommended by other parents and my daughter had always asked “can’t I just go one week out of the summer.”  So we sent in our application and had our fingers crossed for 3 weeks.

We heard back today!  She got in!  Just like the first day of school, I’ll probably bawl my eyes out because it is the first summer I haven’t spent with my daughter, but I am excited to finally have a plan in place for all but three weeks of the summer.  My daughter?  While she thinks it is the “best news she’s heard her entire life!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment