Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Mom & Me Day!

Sarah and I haven't had a Mom & Me Day in a long time, so we decided to have one on Wednesday.  I left work early and we made a day out of it.

I don't get out much.  So I finally got a chance to checkout Destiny USA (our mall up in Syracuse).  They have been a huge quest to expand over the last few years.  I'm liked what I saw.

First Stop:  Revolutions at Destiny

Although this was our first stop, we didn't stay long.  Why?  How about a TWO hour wait for bowling!  Honestly, if I was my decision only, we would have skipped this, but Sarah was excited.  So we decided to walk around the mall.  They have a policy where they'll call you, but you have 10 minutes to make it back or you give up your spot.  So we decided to not venture too far.

Second Stop:  The Amazing Mirror Maze

It was "okay."  $21 total for Sarah and I, BUT we were out in less than 20 minutes.  Luckily (and I'm sure they have people complain about this), they do allow you go back through backyards.  So we made it last about 40 minutes until Sarah "finally had enough."

Third Stop:  Window Shopping/Browsing

Since we still had an hour to kill at this time, we decided to venture around and window shop.  We are huge fans of the FiveBelow store, so Sarah did a bit of shopping.  We also took a few minutes to checkout cool things like Billy Beez and Pole Position.  My daughter can't wait until she gets older to race against her dad.

Fourth Stop:  Revolutions at Destiny

Okay, we get the call and hurry back to Revolutions!  Let me put it this way....TOTALLY worth the wait!  This isn't your traditional bowling alley.  Bright balls, huge TV screens built into the alleys, black lights/neon all over, music blasting and more!  To stay that Sarah was enjoying it is a huge understatement...she LOVED it!

For the experience and the very cool atmosphere, I was impressed with the price.  Including shoes...we paid $21.00 for us to both bowl 2 games.

Final Stop:  Dave & Busters!

Sarah really wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese again sometime, so I figured she like Dave & Busters.  I have to say that I liked it just as much.  We lucked out and happened to be there on 1/2 priced game day Wednesday.  That helped a lot because we spent $60 total for both of us.  This includes food (which was yummy by the way) and games.  If it weren't for the half priced games, we would have eaten through our card credits in less than 30 minutes.  Instead, we were able to drag them out for over an hour.


All in all, we had fun!  I'll go back to Revolutions at Destiny and Dave & Busters (but probably only on Wednesdays); however, I do think we'll skip the Amazing Mirror Maze next time.  Not necessarily because it was bad, it just wasn't right for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment